First of all, hi and thanks for all the emails on the last post, it did seem to get people talking.
I thought it about time I had an update on my novel. At present it’s gone through a number of rewrites, in which I mean I have deleted some stuff and added some stuff. Seriously it seems that each time I go through the manuscript I make more to fix on the next rewrite and how can I keep missing spelling mistakes it’s like someone waits until I have finished and places new spelling mistakes where the old ones were.
Anyway enough of my shortfalls. I finished work on Friday and decided that this would be the weekend that I do my query letter and synopsis. And like a good boy I did. I finished a one page query that can be adapted to most agents, I also completed a 556 word synopsis, including the surprise ending as every help book or web site shouts this at you to do. I even managed to sum up the 103,000 word novel in a 73 word tag line. So haven’t I done well. I do have to say sorry to my wife Joanne as I did keep throwing paper work at her, on her one day off “oops” I have even pre dated the letters to give me a deadline as to when I will have everything ready.
My novel is a science fiction thriller. This is not good in the world of publishing. Of all the agents web sites I checked only a few excepted science fiction and when looking into there recent published books I found very few that were science fiction. So this could be the time when perseverance has to win through. It’s the adversity in life that makes us improve our work.
I’m going to start with a selected 7 agents and wait. Then depending on what happens with them I will move on to the next ones.
I will keep you updated if anything happens. By the way the dead line is the 17th of September. So there you go I have to send these off now. Incedently the 17th is all so my birthday.